Table of Contents
- What Is An SEO Agency?
- What Services Do SEO Companies Provide?
- How Much Do SEO Agencies Charge For Their Services?
- Why Hire An SEO Optimization Company?
- How To Choose The Best SEO Company
- 10 Questions To Ask Top SEO Companies Before You Hire One
- Takeaways: What Is The Best Search Engine Optimization Company?
An SEO agency is a company that develops and executes strategies that propel online content up in the search engine results pages (SERPs) to generate organic and qualified website traffic.
Considering the fact that as many as 90.63% of web pages receive zero traffic from Google, more businesses are turning to SEO experts to reach the coveted top 10 positions in SERPs.
That’s because 49% of marketers claim that organic search brings the highest ROI.
To help these businesses reach their goals, SEO agencies employ three types of strategies:
- On-page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Off-page SEO
What Services Do SEO Companies Provide?
Though search engine optimization encompasses many types of search engines, from Youtube to social media, when we say “SEO services” it is commonly understood that we are talking about Google.
Google is known for its sophisticated and ever-evolving algorithms, so SEO is a complicated process and has many moving parts and components.
The three types of strategies listed above, however, are the most accurate representation of SEO agency services:
1. On-Page Optimization
On-page SEO involves keyword optimization, as well as an audit of the current user experience – an aspect many neglect when talking about on-page SEO.
When looking at on-page optimization, SEO experts ensure that your web page:
- Is targeting the right keywords both in text and images
- Has optimized title tags and meta descriptions
- Features image and other multimedia that is size-optimized to ensure high page loading speed
- Features elements such as CTAs to increase on-page engagement and session duration
- Includes high-value external and internal links to increase click-through rates
- And more
2. Technical Optimization
Technical SEO is the process of optimizing your website for Google’s crawlers and allow them to interpret and index the web properties.
In other words, this is a set of backend measures that:
- Determine which pages are visible to the search engine and which are hidden
- Ensure that the web architecture is optimized for crawlers
- Identify technical issues that communicate poor web performance to search engines
- And more
3. Off-Page Optimization
Off-page SEO, as the name suggests, are strategies outside the website aimed at increasing the site’s rankings in search.
The keyword in off-page SEO is link building.
Link building, that is, gaining backlinks from relevant websites is a way of gaining recognition. As such, it helps build a site’s domain authority and credibility in the search engine’s “eyes” which is one of the key factors in rankings.
4. Analytical Reports
Unlike traditional marketing, SEO agencies in the US can easily track and measure their results.
So, these companies pay deep attention to analytics and provide their clients with monthly reports on campaign, content and website performance.
Some of the key metrics they track are:
- Traffic sources
- Traffic volume
- Search engine positions
- Qualified leads
- And more
We’ve ranked the best PPC agencies.
How Much Do SEO Agencies Charge For Their Services?
SEO companies typically price their services on:
- Hourly rates
- Per-project basis
- Monthly retainer fees
United States-based firms typically charge anywhere from $125 to $200+ per hour, whereas Eastern European companies may charge as little as $35 to $75 per hour.
SEO companies that charge per project simply invoice for a flat fee or fixed cost for each SEO-related task they complete.
Monthly retainers – another common form of billing – means that an SEO agency charges a monthly fee for semi-regular consultation. These companies that have retainers are not leading projects, but they are actively advising them.
Depending on what you need help with and where the agency is located, monthly retainers can range from $500 per month to upwards of $25,000 per month.
Why Hire An SEO Optimization Company?
Google uses 200+ website ranking factors. (Brian Dean)
But that’s just a small part of the story.
In a digital world where only a few of the searchers scroll past the first page on Google, you need to ensure your website gets a spot that will drive clicks and leads.
However, considering the fact that only 5.7% of all the pages rank in the top 10 of the SERPs within one year, hiring an SEO company can be a smart investment. (Ahrefs)
They have the know-how but also the tools and resources to optimize your website properly and boost its rankings.
How To Choose The Best SEO Company
Selecting a top USA SEO agency goes beyond cost and expertise. Some of the key factors that you should consider when picking a partner are:
Reliable Tools & Resources
Much of proper search engine optimization is rooted in the best tools and resources that can identify valuable keywords, gather analytics and quantify progress.
Make sure to ask the best SEO companies which tools they use and why and how they will impact their work on your website.
These tools also empower agencies to analyze competitor success. So, see how they plan to assess your direct competitors and create a strategy that will allow you to compete with them online or learn from their successful tactics.
Reports & Results
Before you partner with a team of experts, ask them how long it will take to produce results, how often they will report on them and how the constantly-changing data will influence their strategy throughout the project.
In addition, determine how these results will affect their payment structure. Are you paying hourly, flat-fee, or per objectives reached? Once this is solidified, create a contract that keeps both parties motivated and accountable.
Looking for the best web design agencies?
10 Questions To Ask Top SEO Companies Before You Hire One
- What SEO services do you provide?
- How do you create your search engine optimization strategies?
- What SEO tactics do you believe will be the most helpful for us and why?
- What platforms, tools or resources does your agency use?
- Who will be working on our project? What is their expertise?
- Who will our point of contact be?
- How often can we expect meetings and updates?
- How often will you look at analytics and data?
- How often will we get reports?
- How long will it take for us to see results?
Takeaways: What Is The Best Search Engine Optimization Company?
What makes an SEO agency truly exceptional?
Well, that’s entirely up to you and your business goals.
Of course, there are a few key factors to keep in mind to the agency you’re working with is top-notch. They include:
- It’s staffed with SEO professionals
- It has an extensive portfolio
- It uses reliable resources and tools
- It provides reports and results
Best of luck!