Looking for the VueJS backend frameworks for your next vuejs project.? Then here is the best collection of vuejs backend frameworks 2022. Before we start the collection, let’s get an overview of vuejs.
Now, let’s begin the collection of Vuejs Backend Frameworks 2022.
VueJS Backend Frameworks
Backend frameworks are collections of server-side computer languages that aid in the development of a website’s backend structure. Backend frameworks offer pre-built components for building dynamic web applications. Now there are many backend frameworks that blend well with the VueJS. Here in this list, we have gathered some of the best suitable backend frameworks for VueJS.
We recommend checking the Vue Plugins List while working with VueJS projects. Plugins help you speed up your development process. Talking about boosting your development process, you can also use the best Best Vue Editor for a better development environment and experience.
Now, let’s check the best Backend Frameworks for VueJS.
Express JS, a microframework for Node.js. is an open-source backend framework that was developed in 2010. Though it is a perfect backend for Node JS it can be a great choice for Vue JS as well.
Express.js is by far the most popular choice for a Node-based framework. Developers like its minimalism, which makes it easy to create with and really fast, and its flexibility, allowing you to choose your own database, ORM, authentication, etc if you should need them.
If your goal is to build a web app that is mostly about the frontend and only requires a relatively simple server app to deliver the views and perhaps a basic API, Express is an excellent choice.
- Fast: Express JS is one of the most efficient backends as it has a tiny file and can be overlaid on NodeJS to make use of its functionalities.
- Cross-Platform: Express JS has the same cross-platform support as NodeJS so that it can be used for both mobile and web applications.
- API Creation: It can help to create APIs with the use of HTTP utility methods.
Laravel is another good Vuejs backend that was initially launched in 2011. You can use this PHP framework with Vue JS as a backend easily. It is an MVC framework for PHP with the stated goal of “making developers happy”.
Combining Laravel and VueJS for web app development means building a perfect application. The full-stack development approach means choosing the best effective technologies for frontend and backend development. Adopting Laravel and VueJS fits perfectly with each other for developing complex and high-performance applications with a full-stack development strategy. It is advisable to use the best laravel admin templates while working on the Laravel projects.
- Template-Based Framework: Laravel has an array of templates available that makes the process of creating a website much easier for beginners as well as seasoned users.
- Libraries: Basic and advanced built-in Object-Oriented Libraries are also available.
- Email Integration: You can easily integrate Laravel with large email service providers to automate notifications and messages.
- Fine Unit Testing: This ensures that there are no bugs or technical exceptions in the final draft. This boosts the efficiency of the applications
You can check the Materio Vuetify VueJS Laravel Admin Template for your Vuejs-laravel project. It is an advanced Vuejs laravel admin template. Besides, this template is highly responsive, clean, and well structured. Besides, the highest industry standards are followed to bring you the very best Vue Material Admin Template.
With Laravel, you will get a powerful object-oriented MVC framework with database, authentication, and API out of the box. Also, you get a delightful development experience. Thanks to elegant syntax, sensible default configuration, and a community that produces a wealth of great documentation and tutorials, laravel is indeed a good choice. It is advisable to use the Laravel Vue Admin Template for such projects.
With Google’s backing, Firebase is also a reliable Vuejs backend that coders can use. Developers can employ Firebase products like databases, cloud functions, hosting, and storage to build their Vue JS applications backends.
Firebase provides cloud-hosted data that is accessible from any desktop or mobile app via a simple API. If your data is public, you could even use Firebase as a serverless backend. While working with the backend, you can use the backend admin template for your project.
Integrating Firebase services with your Vue.js application is dead simple with the VueFire library. This will bind Firebase references to properties on your Vue instances. It can also be done with Vuex via the VuexFire library.
- Realtime Database: This is one of the most crucial advantages for a developer. A web application can have billions of updates per second, and this can easily cater to the queries.
- NoSQL: Firebase can swiftly store and retrieve data without the use of conventional SQL queries.
- Initially Free : Firebase offers its services free to an extent to assist the developer in creating their applications without the hassle of investing.
- Analytics: Google analytics support is built-in, which can help you with easy integration with the use of Firebase for the Vue backend.
Serverless is also the best Vuejs backend with more than 36,605 stars on GitHub and is trusted by big names like Reuters and Expedia Group. As the name suggests, “serverless”, means you don’t need to pay for a backend server that, for many apps, will spend the vast majority of time idling while it waits for user requests, costing you money for nothing.
Serverless functions are far more resource-efficient and will often only cost you a matter of cents each month to run. You can then deliver your frontend code from fast and cheap static hosting like S3, Netlify, or GitHub Pages.
Like everything else, serverless is not the right choice for most Vue.js projects. As it won’t provide a lot of the basics you take for granted on a traditional server, and equivalent functionality requires a lot more development work to achieve with serverless functions.
Although, it’s great for a small number of request/response paths with narrow parameters.
- Open-Source Framework: This is open-source, so you can start building any application by using available resources.
- Easy Deployment: Deployment to Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Knative, Google Cloud, etc., is Hassle free and immediate.
- Multiple APIs Available: Cron Job, Rest API, Express.js, etc.
- Free: The basic APIs in the CLI and YAML environments are free of cost.
Django is a python-based framework that could be a very reliable choice for the Vuejs backend. Particularly, you can consider Django for Vue JS applications that need good load time and security. Besides, Django comes with a database, ORM, authentication libraries, and a templating engine as part of its core. This makes it a great tool for building powerful and reliable full-stack apps that would pair nicely with a Vue.js client.
- Python-Based: It is easier to code in. It can allow for a lot of functionality owing to the wide variety of APIs available.
- Feature Rich: Multi-Language support, AJAX, Free APIs, URL Routing, templating libraries, and MVC Layouts are some of the very key features that it offers.
- Documentation Available: It subsequently has a wide variety of support and solutions available along with the documentation.
- Scalable: Django is a good option for the Vue backend as it can be useful on any scale with any layout. It can immensely reduce costs for hosting as it can handle large numbers of users.
If you are looking for a Ruby-based server-side framework for Vue JS, you should consider using Rails. It could be a good Vuejs backend because of its easy installment and fast backend building properties.
One of the Rails’ most innovative features, Turbolinks, speeds up navigating between pages by intercepting link clicks that would navigate to a page within the app, and instead makes the request via AJAX, replacing the document body with the received content.
This functionality is mostly handled in Vue apps by Vue Router. However, if Vue is only needed for simple DOM manipulation in a Rails app, i.e. not for a single-page app, you can use Turbolinks via the vue-turbolinks mixin.
- Quick Development: The code easily adapts to the current requirements of the project.
- Testing Capabilities: Rails has constant bug and exception testing capabilities that do not allow the code to go askew. It also boosts the performance and efficiency of the code.
- Security: Rails is a very secure platform as it has a strict mechanism to secure all the aspects of both the backend as well as the frontend.
- Cost-Effective: Rails is cost-effective as it can handle a number of operations easily.
If you are looking for a no-code Vuejs backend, then you should consider WordPress. Mainly if you are working on small Vue JS web applications, then the use of WordPress is the right decision.
Since version 4.7, WordPress now ships with a REST API. It allows core WordPress data types such as posts, comments, and access categories straight from a client. This architecture, known as “headless CMS”, allows you to take advantage of a powerful CMS backend while still providing a modern user experience with a frontend framework like Vue.
- Ease of Use: WordPress is a seasoned tool with straightforward interfaces. A wide array of support is also available online.
- SEO Optimized: WordPress is elementary to be optimized to the search engines as it is one of the oldest tools available.
- Plugin Support: A number of plugins for a wide variety of functionalities are available to WordPress websites. This can make your website feature-rich and attractive.
- Multiple Users: This feature allows adding multiple users to the administrators making it a great choice for the Vue backend
So, here was the collection of the best VueJS Backend frameworks 2022.
In this collection, we have explained the useful and easy-to-integrate backend frameworks. You can pick any as per your need and requirement. Each framework has its own unique set of features and requirements. Thus, first, list down your need and requirements and then choose according to them.